Thursday, March 1, 2007

ULA

sent on March 2, 2007, to
Steve Kostecke, Editor-in-Chief, ULA
cc: Karl Wenclas, Publicity Director, ULA
cc: Pat Simonelli, Editor, ULA

Dear Mr. Kostecke,

At the prompting of Karl Wenclas, I responded to you one month ago, Feburary 2, regarding the "monday reports" Richard Cummings wrote for the Underground Literary Alliance's website. To date, you've still not posted my response (below), nor publicly acknowledged it on your site. Neither, so far as I can see, has the ULA site publicly acknowledged my earlier response to his writing, sent to Wenclas some years ago. I should think it'd be appropriate to note these responses on the webpage where Cummings's writings appear.

Sincerely,

James Linville

Sent to ULA, 2 February 2007:

To:Skostecke, and Pat Simonelli, Underground Literary Alliance!

Dear Skostecke and Pat,

It’s unfortunate that Mr. Cummings has declined my invitation for a recorded conference call to clarify discrepancies and interpretations reflected in his writings about The Paris Review, where I used to be employed. I'm sure that conversation would have been illuminating about any number of matters, including the elevator Mr. Cummings discovered while visiting George Plimpton's townhouse.

As I stated before, I don’t believe he’s a fully competent journalist, or historian.

Sincerely,

James Linville

No comments: